Student and staff safety are the school district's top priorities. The West Mifflin School District Police Department is committed to providing a safe environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
We employ security guards and district police officers to:
- Provide security and law enforcement
- Prevent crime
- Increase safety awareness
- Security Systems and Services
Things to remember:
- No bags are allowed to any sporting events
- The Commonwealth Avenue lower 2nd entrance (closest to the stadium) gate will be locked from 5:30 PM until 6:30 AM every week day
Every effort is made to identify and prevent dangerous situations on our campus. However, in the event of an emergency, several communication methods and services are available to enhance the safety of the campus.
Instant Connect is an automated telephone messaging system. The district utilizes this system in the event of weather-related delays or cancellations. If there were an emergency you would be notified via this system and the mobile app
It is important for you to notify your child's school office with any changes in your home telephone, cell phones, work numbers or email addresses.